Pick 5 numbers out of 56. You also choose 1 Mega Ball number out of 46. See if your numbers match the numbers selected at the next drawing.
Where to Play
Find a location to play Lottery Games.
Enter your ZIP code:
|Draw #||Date||Winning #||MegaBall||Jackpot Amount||Jackpot Winners||Where sold||Megaplier||Video|
Search Past Numbers
How to Play
- Fill out a MEGA MILLIONS bet slip by choosing five (5) numbers out of a field of fifty-six (56). (1) number, the MEGABALL number, from another field of forty-six (46) numbers for each $1 bet you wish to make.
- (1) number, the MEGABALL number, from another field of forty-six (46) numbers for each $1 bet you wish to make.
- How to play Megaplier. Multiply your non-jackpot prizes by 2 3 or 4 times with the Megaplier option. To play the Megaplier mark the box - YES. Megaplier wagers must be equal to the Mega Millions Wager on your betslip. Selecting Megaplier doubles the price of your ticket.
- You may play the same numbers for more than one drawing. Mark the appropriate box for number of draws.
- Give the completed bet slip to an on-line Lottery Sales Agent.
- Remember that if you do not want to fill out a bet slip you can simply ask the Agent for a Quic Pic and the Lottery’s computer will pick your numbers for you.
- The Sales Agent will give you a separate ticket as your receipt. IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR TICKET! BE SURE THAT IT REPRESENTS THE NUMBERS AND DRAWING THAT YOU WANTED TO PLAY, AS IT IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF PLAYING THESE NUMBERS. The Lottery suggests, for your own protection, that you sign the back of your ticket to identify ownership.
How to Win*
|5||+||1||1 in 175,711,536||JACKPOT|
|5||1 in 3,904,701||$250,000**|
|4||+||1||1 in 689,065||$10,000**|
|4||1 in 15,313||$150**|
|3||+||1||1 in 13,781||$150**|
|2||+||1||1 in 844||$10|
|3||1 in 306||$7|
|1||+||1||1 in 141||$3|
|0||+||1||1 in 75||$2|
* Overall odds are 1 in 39.89.
* Prizes based on a $1 wager.
* The jackpot will be divided evenly among winners.
This prize structure is valid for tickets purchased June 22, 2005 and after. In some cases, these prizes will be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than these published prize levels. See official game rules.
The Big Game changed its name on May 15th 2002, to The Big
Game Mega Millions. The Big Game Mega Millions changed its
name on June 22, 2005, to Mega Millions.
Mega Millions added the Megaplier option on January 15, 2011.
The Megaplier option costs an additional $1 per play and multiply non-jackpot (lower-tier) prizes by 2, 3, or 4. Megaplier will be drawn before the Mega Millions number is drawn. The odds of each of the Megaplier numbers coming up are listed here. (x2 is 1:10.5, x3 is 1:3, x4 is 1:1.75)
|5 of 56||$1,000,000||$1,000,000||$1,000,000|
|4 of 56 + 1 of 46||$20,000||$30,000||$40,000|
|4 of 56||$300||$450||$600|
|3 of 56 + 1 of 46||$300||$450||$600|
|3 of 56||$14||$21||$28|
|2 of 56 + 1 of 46||$20||$30||$40|
|1 of 56+ 1 of 46||$6||$9||$12|
|0 of 56 + 1 of 46||$4||$6||$8|
* The megaplier does not apply to the jackpot
- By placing a Mega Millions bet, bettors agree to abide by Massachusetts State Lottery Commission Rules and Regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery directly at 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
- Bets are not effective until accepted by the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system prior to the drawing of the winning numbers and in accordance with Lottery rules. Bettors acknowledge that on-line Lottery sales agents are acting on behalf of the bettors in entering bets into the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system. The liability of the Lottery and the Lottery’s on-line Sales Agent whether arising through breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise is limited to a refund of the amount wagered if the bet(s) is (are) not accepted by the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System, or if betting slips are marked incorrectly, entered incorrectly into the system, or are otherwise invalid. The placing of Mega Millions bets is done at the player’s own risk through the on-line Lottery Sales Agent who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the bet(s) into the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System
- Approximately 50% of the amount of money wagered on each drawing goes into the prize pool.
- In some cases, prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than published prize levels. Refer to the official game rules for a detailed explanation of the optional pari-mutuel prize payment.
- Jackpot Payment Options – Jackpot winners have 60 days beginning the day after the winning numbers were drawn to select a payment option. An Annuity Option means winners can choose equal annual payments over a twenty-six (26) year period. A Cash Option means winners can choose a one-time cash payment which will be (approximately) the cost of the annuity divided by the number of winning tickets. Note: If a winner fails to claim the jackpot and select a jackpot payment option within 60 days, the prize will be automatically paid as an annuity. All prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.
- Your ticket is a bearer instrument. Unless signed by owner, prize may be claimed by anyone in possession of winning ticket. SIGN YOUR TICKET IMMEDIATELY. Bettors agree to abide by Lottery Commission rules and regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery Commission at 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
- NOTICE: By placing a Mega Millions bet, bettors agree, as their sole and exclusive remedy, that claims arising out of the participation in the game shall be pursued only against the State where the ticket was purchased, or was attempted to be purchased.
- All Prizes are based on a $1.00 wager.
- All cash prizes must be claimed within one (1) year following the draw date.
Order Mega Millions Season Tickets now by calling 1 (800) 222-8587 or visiting your Lottery agent.
Mega Millions Is Born Massachusetts officially entered a multistate lottery on August 9, 1996 in a super-jackpot game called The Big Game, eventually changing its name to Mega Millions on June 22, 2005.
Babysitter Wins Big This game received the most attention in Massachusetts in April of 1999, when the jackpot climbed to $197 million. Maria Grasso, a live-in babysitter from Boston's Beacon Hill neighborhood, claimed the jackpot.
First Mega Millions Megaplier Draw on January 18, 2011
Dont forget to play the Megaplier option starting January 15, 2011! Megaplier will multiply non-jackpot prizes up to 4 times! Prior to each Mega Millions drawing a Megaplier number of x2, x3 or x4 will be randomly chosen. To play simply choose the Megaplier option on your betslip or ask your sales clerk to add Megaplier to your numbers. It will cost you an additional $1 for each set of numbers you play with Megaplier. The first draw is on Tuesday, January 18, 2011.