Pick 5 numbers out of 70. You also choose 1 Mega Ball number out of 25. See if your numbers match the numbers selected at the next drawing.
Search Past Numbers
How to Play
- Fill out a MEGA MILLIONS bet slip by choosing five (5) numbers out of a field of seventy (70). Choose (1) number, the MEGABALL number, from another field of twenty-five (25) numbers for each $2 bet you wish to make.
- (1) number, the MEGABALL number, from another field of twenty-five (25) numbers for each $2 bet you wish to make.
- How to play Megaplier. Multiply your non-jackpot prizes by 2, 3, or 4, or 5 times with the Megaplier option. To play the Megaplier mark the box - YES. Megaplier wagers must be equal to the Mega Millions Wager on your betslip. Selecting the Megaplier adds $1 to the price of your ticket for each wager played.
- You may play the same numbers for more than one drawing. Mark the appropriate box for number of draws.
- Give the completed bet slip to an on-line Lottery Sales Agent.
- Remember that if you do not want to fill out a bet slip you can simply ask the Agent for a Quic Pic and the Lottery’s computer will pick your numbers for you.
- The Sales Agent will give you a separate ticket as your receipt. IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR TICKET! BE SURE THAT IT REPRESENTS THE NUMBERS AND DRAWING THAT YOU WANTED TO PLAY, AS IT IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF PLAYING THESE NUMBERS. The Lottery suggests, for your own protection, that you sign the back of your ticket to identify ownership.
How to Win*
|5||+||1||1 in 302,575,350||JACKPOT*|
|5||1 in 12,607,306||$1,000,000|
|4||+||1||1 in 931,001||$10,000|
|4||1 in 38,792||$500|
|3||+||1||1 in 14,547||$200|
|3||1 in 606||$10|
|2||+||1||1 in 693||$10|
|1||+||1||1 in 89||$4|
|0||+||1||1 in 37||$2|
* Overall odds are 1 in 24
* Prizes based on a $2 wager.
* The jackpot will be divided evenly among winners.
This prize structure is valid for tickets purchased October 28, 2017 and after. In some cases, these prizes will be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than these published prize levels. See official game rules.
The Big Game changed its name on May 15th 2002, to The Big
Game Mega Millions. The Big Game Mega Millions changed its
name on June 22, 2005, to Mega Millions.
Mega Millions added the Megaplier option on January 15, 2011.
The Megaplier option costs an additional $1 per play and multiply non-jackpot (lower-tier) prizes by 2, 3, 4, or 5. Megaplier will be drawn before the Mega Millions number is drawn.
|5 of 70||$2,000,000**||$3,000,000**||$4,000,000**||$5,000,000**|
|4 of 70 + 1 of 25||$20,000||$30,000||$40,000||$50,000|
|4 of 70||$1,000||$1,500||$2,000||$2,500|
|3 of 70 + 1 of 25||$400||$600||$800||$1,000|
|3 of 70||$20||$30||$40||$50|
|2 of 70 + 1 of 25||$20||$30||$40||$50|
|1 of 70 + 1 of 25||$8||$12||$16||$20|
|0 of 70 + 1 of 25||$4||$6||$8||$10|
* The megaplier does not apply to the jackpot
- By placing a Mega Millions bet, bettors agree to abide by Massachusetts State Lottery Commission Rules and Regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery directly at 150 Mount Vernon Street., Dorchester, MA 02125-3573.
- Bets are not effective until accepted by the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system prior to the drawing of the winning numbers and in accordance with Lottery rules. Bettors acknowledge that on-line Lottery sales agents are acting on behalf of the bettors in entering bets into the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system. The liability of the Lottery and the Lottery’s on-line Sales Agent whether arising through breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise is limited to a refund of the amount wagered if the bet(s) is (are) not accepted by the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System, or if betting slips are marked incorrectly, entered incorrectly into the system, or are otherwise invalid. The placing of Mega Millions bets is done at the player’s own risk through the on-line Lottery Sales Agent who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the bet(s) into the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System
- Approximately 50% of the amount of money wagered on each drawing goes into the prize pool.
- In some cases, prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than published prize levels. Refer to the official game rules for a detailed explanation of the optional pari-mutuel prize payment.
- Jackpot Payment Options – Jackpot winners have 60 days beginning the day after the winning numbers were drawn to select a payment option. Effective 10/19/13 the Annuitized Grand/Jackpot prize is payable in thirty (30) graduated annual installments. A Cash Option means winners can choose a one-time cash payment which will be (approximately) the cost of the annuity divided by the number of winning tickets. Note: If a winner fails to claim the jackpot and select a jackpot payment option within 60 days, the prize will be automatically paid as an annuity. All prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.
- Your ticket is a bearer instrument. Unless signed by owner, prize may be claimed by anyone in possession of winning ticket. SIGN YOUR TICKET IMMEDIATELY. Bettors agree to abide by Lottery Commission rules and regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery Commission at 150 Mount Vernon Street, Dorchester, MA 02125-3573.
- NOTICE: By placing a Mega Millions bet, bettors agree, as their sole and exclusive remedy, that claims arising out of the participation in the game shall be pursued only against the State where the ticket was purchased, or was attempted to be purchased.
- All Prizes are based on a $2.00 wager.
- All cash prizes must be claimed within one (1) year following the draw date.
- To order a Season Ticket, please call 1-781-519-7244 Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Only Mass Cash and Megabucks Doubler Season Tickets may be mailed to addresses outside of Massachusetts. A $13 shipping fee will be added to the total purchase cost for Season Tickets mailed out of state. A service fee of approximately 2.4% will be added to your total purchase cost.
Forms of payment:
Effective March 1, 2012 American Express will no longer allow their credit card holders to purchase Season Tickets using their American Express credit cards.
- For questions about a current Massachusetts Lottery Season Ticket, please call 1-800-222-8587 Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Mega Millions Is Born Massachusetts officially entered a multistate lottery on August 9, 1996 in a super-jackpot game called The Big Game, eventually changing its name to Mega Millions on June 22, 2005.
Babysitter Wins Big This game received the most attention in Massachusetts in April of 1999, when the jackpot climbed to $197 million. Maria Grasso, a live-in babysitter from Boston's Beacon Hill neighborhood, claimed the jackpot.
First Mega Millions Megaplier Draw on January 18, 2011
Dont forget to play the Megaplier option starting January 15, 2011! Megaplier will multiply non-jackpot prizes up to 4 times! Prior to each Mega Millions drawing a Megaplier number of x2, x3 or x4 will be randomly chosen. To play simply choose the Megaplier option on your betslip or ask your sales clerk to add Megaplier to your numbers. It will cost you an additional $1 for each set of numbers you play with Megaplier. The first draw is on Tuesday, January 18, 2011.
Mega Millions is Even Bigger than before! October 28, 2017
The Mega Millions is even BIGGER than before! Jackpots starting at $40,000,000 and growing fast ! Anticipated per draw roll of $5,000,000 or more. Better odds of winning $1,000,000 second tier prize. Better odds of receiving a 3x,4x or 5x Megaplier when played. Click here to learn more about BIGGER Mega Millions!